Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catch Up

I have to second Tianna - I have been a slacker. We have had things to blog about too! With Z around it is never boring!
Memorial weekend was spent with the Reids in Miller Canyon. That again is never boring! It was a little rainy but not cold so it was nice and relaxing.
On Sunday we sat around all morning and then we got the good idea to go on a ride. Half of us thought that we should go on a short ride and the other half thought we should go on a long ride. The problem came when the two halves didn't communicate. We got out of the canyon and looked back and the BIG BLACK rain cloud coming right at us. We knew it was a lost cause but we all took off back to camp hoping that it would be before the rain hit us. About 3 minutes into our journey back rain started. About 5 minutes into it the hail started. Our ride back was cut short by a stop at the bathroom at the opening of the canyon. ALL of us and one other family sat in the bathroom to wait out the storm. What a trip - what where we thinking!
There are really cute pictures of the weekend but our family photographer has them hostage - I will get copies and share.



 
Last weekend I had my boys for a night and it was so fun. I loved having them and hope to have a boys weekend again soon.
We didn't do anything life changing. We watched movies - made smores - played in the sand and the pool. I took this picture on purpose just so Brandon knows there may have been a little corruption going on! :-)







I had to take the boys home on Saturday so we did some yard work on Sunday. Zak was so much help (always) but there was some resting done - on Zak's part! Mom and Dad had a very productive day. We have a goal to finish our back yard this year. I am really liking doing our own landscaping, it is hard work but really rewarding. When it is all done or when you see things growing (more thanks to Kent than me) it is great!
 
 













Last but certainly not least we are potty training again. This time happy to say with more success. Saturday when I had Bryson I thought I would take advantage of the "big Boy" affect to get Z to pee in the toilet (like Bryson) it worked for a few hours. Then Zak called from the living room "Mom you might as well put a diaper back on me"! As he peed on my floor. I was so mad and exasperated. I have been getting the feeling that Zak was being Lazy about potty training but now I knew for sure! So Sunday morning he got big boy pants on and a pep talk that went something like, babies don't go on boats, 4 wheeler rides, get ice cream, you get the picture. Three days into "take 2" we are seriously getting somewhere. His favorite is peeing on a tree. He has only tried to pee on the playground tree at DAYCARE once. I warned the teacher so she was watching and he was stopped - what do you do. I am just so glad to not be changing diapers!

2 comments: