Friday, April 24, 2009

Really!

 

This last weekend was FINALLY nice weather! I have been waiting for this since January 2nd! And I wanted to get out on the bikes. My plan was to get out in the sand and sun - unfortunately the majority wanted to go to the mountains! Yes, it had been warm for like 4 hours and they wanted to go the SNOW! I was not happy and told everyone as much. However we still went. See the snow behind Z, so irritating. Kent owes me a nice HOT weekend on the bikes in Mesquite some weekend soon!

Life with a two year old!
 

 

Yes that is vacuum attachments, ALL of my vacuum attachments. Nice and put away in my broiler drawer.
I turned on my oven and went in my room to sort laundry. Well that was long enough to, well, melt plastic in my oven. I sometimes put things in my oven to get them off my counter, you know make it look clean :-) So that was my first thought, my second when I realized it was coming from the bottom of my oven is that it was one of Zaks cars. I didn't even know that my attachments were missing. And there they were. I turned off the oven and then Mom needed a time out! By the time Kent got home I was calmer about it and so we could deal. Apparently it was the perfect end to an altogether frustrating day for him too!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry to laugh- but that is kinda funny. Now you have an excuse to skip vacuuming along the wal- Lucky DucK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the smell of melting plastic....My kids put some mixing bowls in my oven once. The smell lingered in my house for days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on the loss of your vacuum attachments...that is both frightening and fascinating. Now I feel like i should go check my oven. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kent is already teaching Zack all about housekeeping! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's just too hillarious!

    ReplyDelete